Ok, so I was nominated for the “Mystery Blogger Award” by the Inked Shrink. I really enjoy the blog On the Couch, because he talks plainly about many issues we all deal with throughout life, and the blog really promotes good discussions and insights. It’s definitely worth checking out.
As for me- honestly, I’m really not a mystery. I’m just a average Florida surfer chick with a silly blog. Boom.
Here’s the breakdown that I copied and pasted:
What is a Mystery Blogger Award?
The creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, says “It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog, as well as to the specific post in which you were nominated. That way, the blogger who nominated you will receive a Pingback and know that you posted your answers and will be able to read them!
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s).
“Okoto Enigma”? Yeah, I don’t get it either. Anywho….
Three things about myself:
1. I’m a surfer chick, not a surfer dude. When I first started blogging years ago, I’d put up a new post each Friday on our local Surf Forum. When people started realizing who I was in real life, they said “WELL THAT EXPLAINS WHY ALL YOUR CRAFTS ARE GIRLY!” They automatically had assumed I was a guy because I raced paddleboards and surfed. I think they were picturing Richard Simmons on a surfboard.
2. The deepest SCUBA dive I’ve ever done was to 110′ on a shipwreck off the Florida Keys. And it was pretty awesome. I saw a Goliath Grouper up close, and I felt like I was the one on the platter.
3. The longest paddleboard challenge I’ve ever done is a 22 miler between island causeways. I paddled a 14′ prone board, and it took me a little under 7 hours of continuous paddling (with a two minute Clif Bar and water break). I was seeing stars around Mile 16, but I finished the race, which is all I cared about. Hey, YOLO, man. Not doing that shit twice, though.
My questions from Inked Shrink:
1. What inspires you?
I’m always looking for ways to reuse things, or make things I might otherwise buy and pay a lot of money for. I see a lot of waste left at the beach, and it’s a reminder to be more resourceful.
2. If you could have dinner and talk with any one person (dead or alive) who would it be? Why?
Colonel Sanders, because then I might get a decent two piece and biscuit.
3. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
I’m all good, bro.
4. Who was the person that had the most influence on your life?
Ooooh…trick question. Me??
5. What’s a project or accomplishment you hope to complete in 2018?
No surfing injuries this year!
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Miami or Orlando? (I guess this is the “weird” question??)
- Apple or Samsung? (Let’s make this the “funny” question)
- Chips or Chocolate?
- Sand or Snow?
And yes, there ARE wrong answers. N-Joy.
I’m supposed to put a link to a good post of mine here, but I’d rather share some wisdom.